Introduction to Programming
Here are some resources for those who are just starting out and are interested in learning to program.
- Comparison of (some) Programming Languages - a comparison of some of the difference and similarities between popular programming languages
- BASIC programming - general introduction to BASIC and a brief reference / tutorial
- Back to BASICs - a BASIC interpreter (GW-BASIC) and several BASIC programs (source code) that you can download, run, and modify
- GW Basic Manuals - a faithful reproduction of the GW Basic user's manual and reference manual
- 101 BASIC Computer Games - more computer games written in BASIC. Check out their complete collection of books. And check here (scroll down the page) for copies of the code, already modified to run in GW-Basic
You can always use google (or your favorite search engine) to search for more examples. Try a search like basic programming tutorial or something similar. You'll find thousands of pages with examples and tutorials.
When you are ready to move on, check out the available continuing education classes offered by local schools (UVU, BYU, Alpine School District, etc.). They offer beginning programming classes that will teach you how to program in other languages such as Java, C, or PHP.